Greetings

Dallas has few diversions other than eating, drinking and shopping.....and shopping does not interest us.
So we spend our time hopping from restaurant to restaurant and to every pub that we can find in search of the perfect meal and the perfect beer.

We randomly review restaurants and bars, dishes and beers at whim and give our brutally honest opinions of our findings. And while we concentrate on Dallas, we travel far and wide to sample cuisine from all regions of the country and beyond.



Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Beer Review - Timmermans Strawberry

Brouwerij Timmermans Strawberry Lambic - 4% ABV

Here is an odd one.  As a rule, I don't particular care for fruity beer.  Lambics are not all that high on my list either.  So when Mrs. Vivant insisted that I try this fruity concoction I must admit that I flinched.  Now don't get me wrong, I fear no beer .... huge hops, no sweat .... high gravity .... bring it on .... Stella Artois, well, let's not get silly.  But fruity beer?  Sigh, OK, pass it over.

The lambic is really bubbly when you pour reminding you of a sparkling Rose'.  Strawberry tartness hits you right on the tongue from the first and stays as the primary flavor all the way through.  Not overpoweringly sweet but with very little alcohol this is more like a fizzy Kool-aid than beer.  The funny thing is that I kind of enjoyed it, but I am quite sure that it is not something I would have ordered or will ever order again.  But if you are challenged to try a fruity beer, pick this one.

Brouwerij Timmermans-John Martin N.V.
Dilbeek-Itterbeek, Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment