Greetings

Dallas has few diversions other than eating, drinking and shopping.....and shopping does not interest us.
So we spend our time hopping from restaurant to restaurant and to every pub that we can find in search of the perfect meal and the perfect beer.

We randomly review restaurants and bars, dishes and beers at whim and give our brutally honest opinions of our findings. And while we concentrate on Dallas, we travel far and wide to sample cuisine from all regions of the country and beyond.



Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Heart Attack of the Month - March 2012

You may have noticed (or may not have noticed, try to pay attention) that I am not a fan of chain restaurant cuisine.  Cuisine?  No, let me amend that, while cuisine is food, not all food is cuisine.  As a matter of fact, only a very small amound of food can charitably be called cuisine.  Chain restaruant food is almost never cuisine.  So between the pre-prepared, flavorless food and the underachiever servers who really could not care if you live or die, I try my best to avoid them.

So why, oh why did I break my own rule and delude myself into thinking that a Mexican chain could or would provide me with a memorable meal.  Dumb. Ass.  But then again, the meal was memorable.  I was reminded for several hours of my delightful lunch with brutal, debilitating heart burn.  Paying for my crime if you will. 

So not only did I choose a restaurant that I should not have, I chose a dish that, for the life of me, I cannot figure out why I ordered it.  Maybe the words 'House Specialty' threw me off.  "Elvis Green Chile Fried Chicken Tender - chicken breast breaded with Lays potato chips, deep fried and smothered in green chile sauce and cheddar cheese. Served with green chile rice and refried beans".  Honest to god, that is a quote from the menu, and I ordered it.  I can see why it would be a 'House Specialty' in that the restaurant is close to SMU and a dunken twit would order and quite probably enjoy this dish.  Not me, never again.

1 comment: