Greetings

Dallas has few diversions other than eating, drinking and shopping.....and shopping does not interest us.
So we spend our time hopping from restaurant to restaurant and to every pub that we can find in search of the perfect meal and the perfect beer.

We randomly review restaurants and bars, dishes and beers at whim and give our brutally honest opinions of our findings. And while we concentrate on Dallas, we travel far and wide to sample cuisine from all regions of the country and beyond.



Sunday, April 29, 2012

Beer Review - Stoertebeker Bock

Stralsunder Brauerei Stoertebeker Swartzbier - 5% ABV


I don't know about you, but when I travel I tend to try to avoid any beer that I
have tried before, for I know that somewhere out there is the perfect beer and god willing, i will find it. While in Germany I used my pidgin deutsche to ask for 'lokal' and 'schwartz bier' or 'weissbier' to further my search.



This lovely little find was a ordered from a small cafe in Stade, Germany. I was assured by the server that the bier was a bock, but knowing that bock beers are fall beers and that no German restaurant would serve a fall beer in late winter/ early spring, I am taking the leap and calling this their Swartzbier.

The color was a very dark reddish brown and poured with a creamy off-white head that left nice lacing. The flavor was quite interesting, kind of like the aforementioned bock mixed with a stout. Really earthy, a bit sweet, a bit of anise, cocoa, roasted malts and bread. A nice accompaniment to our dinner. I would absolutely drink this again.

Brauerei Stralsunder
Greifswalder Chaussee 84-85
Stralsund, Germany
Http://Stoertebeker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment