It's Friday and you are out of excuses and almost out of time. Here are our top 5 picks of today's events and remember, you can get all of this information and more at http://ntxbeerweek.com/.
1. A Night of Romance - Texas Bourbon meets Texas Beer. Jack will be tapping 5 Texas brews aged in bourbon barrels from Garrison Brothers Distillery. The brews are from 903 Brewing, Cedar Creek & Community. We're gonna blow your mind at Jack Mac's Swill and Grill in Dallas
2. Ommegang Game of Thrones "Take the Black" Stout tapping. Brewed specially for the HBO Series, Take the Black Stout will pair well with our Three Finger Hobbs Three Meat Stew, made in house from a special recipe from the Game of Thrones Cookbook. Stew available through Sunday or while it lasts at the Holy Grail Pub in Plano.
3. Avery Blackout - Flight of Mephistopheles' 2012, Out of Bounds, Uncle Jacob's, Rumpkin, The Czar, 8pm at the Meddlsome Moth in Dallas.
4. Meet Marin House brewer Cody Martin as he discusses the great beer he produces and the story of his brewery. They will also have their awesome "can" style glassware available, buy the beer, keep the glass at The Pour House in Fort Worth.
5. Community Brewing Tap Takeover! Brewery reps will be visiting with you as you enjoy their best beers and take home a Community glass. Mosaic IPA, Public Ale ESB and Inspiration Belgian Dark! Glasses at 7pm at the Dallas Beer Kitchen in Dallas.
Please your local brewery and beer slinger.